- Each foot has 26 bones
- There are more than 100 ligaments in each foot
- Diabetes is the #1 cause for lower extremety amputation
- A toenail takes 4-9 months to completely grow out
- Pain in the feet or ankles is NOT normal
Surgery: YES OR NO????
- Deciding whether or not to have surgery is a big decision.
- Our foot and ankle surgeons are skilled in both surgical and conservative options.
- We will present the options most suitable for you and help you with your decision.
How much pain should I be in before I make an appointment?
- Foot or ankle pain is not normal.
- Foot or ankle pain is a signal that something is not right.
- Any degree of foot or ankle pain warrants an evaluation to determine the source of the pain and possible treatment options.
- Most foot or ankle pain left untreated will get worse and become more difficult to cure.
- If you have foot or ankle pain, make an appointment, do not wait.
Will soaking cure my ingrown toenail?
- Soaking an ingrown toenail will often make it feel better, but it will not cure it.
- The symptoms of an ingrown toenail include pain, redness, and swelling.
- An ingrown toenail is easily cured with a simple in office surgical procedure.
- The toe is anesthetized so that pain is not felt during the procedure.
- The ingrown nail, or portion of the nail, is removed.
- Most people feel no pain afterwards and return to normal activities the next day.
What are orthotics?
- Custom made foot arch supports designed to hold the foot in its optimum position
- Can alleviate the discomfort caused by a number of foot conditions such as heel pain, bunions, and flat feet.
Happy Feet...Happy Bride
Comfortable footwear can help make the perfect day even better. Many times foot or ankle discomfort can be alleviated with appropriate shoes. It is not unusual for people to buy shoes that are too small for their feet. If your foot problem has an easy solution, our podiatrists will gladly provide you with that information. Sometimes the right shoe is not enough and custom-made orthotics is necessary to help the feet maintain the best position. Our podiatrists can utilize a three dimensional digital scan to have custom made inserts (orthotics) fabricated for your shoes, made from the scan of your feet to correct your specific foot abnormality and fit your feet only. If your foot or ankle problem can be resolved with conservative treatment, our podiatrists will advise you of the best treatment for you. There are times when the best solution for a foot or ankle problem is surgery. If you require foot or ankle surgery, our podiatrists can provide you with the latest state of the art surgical techniques. They will take the time to explain to you what to expect before, during and after surgery and will try to answer all your questions. Whatever your foot or ankle problem may be, our podiatrists will explain the various treatment options available to you. Everyone is happier when their feet are happy!